How to Become a Worshipper of Yehowah and a Follower of Yehohshua (Jesus Christ)
Steps that lead to baptism and continued growth
- We start with “taking in knowledge” of Yehowah and his Son, Yehohshua.—John 17:3
- Our faith increases as our knowledge grows.—John 3:16
- We regularly call on Yehowah in prayer.—Acts 2:21
- We appreciate the need to associate regularly with others of like faith.—Heb. 10:24, 25
- We repent of our sins.—Acts 17:30
- We turn around, rejecting bad practices.—Acts 3:19
- Our faith moves us to speak publicly to others.—2 Cor. 4:13
- We dedicate ourselves to Yehowah in order to follow Yehohshua properly.—1 Pet. 4:2
- We symbolize our dedication by water baptism.—1 Pet. 3:21
Download this brochure and you can get started right away! What is the good news from God? Why can we believe it? This brochure answers common Bible questions.
Information About Your Prayer of Dedication and Baptism
These are the final two steps noted above.
1 Peter 3:21 Baptism, which corresponds to this, is also now saving you (not by the removing of the filth of the flesh, but by the request to God for a good conscience), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Pray to Yehowah and tell him you want to dedicate yourself to him and have a clean conscience.
This is known as your prayer of dedication.
The Greek word baʹpti·sma (baptism) signifies “the processes of immersion, submersion and emergence,” according to Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words.
You must be completely immersed in water and answer two questions.
The first question is, “On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?”
The second question is, “Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Yehowah’s Witnesses in association with God’s spirit-directed organization?”